Audience in the middle of the stage surrounded by several different objects (technical and usual).
The ritual entrance: a tale
- Functional lights, carpet in the middle with some pillows (red), technics are around the room.
- Audience enters, we invit them to sit on the carpet, we give them mint tee which is prepared in the space.
- We install a mosquito net and use it for projections
- One go to the micro and say : « So I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I had an accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara… »
- Loop of the whole sentence
- Put down the mosquito net
- Switch off the functional lights
The entrance in the illusion: a day in the desert
- Air sounds with a graduation and then is vanishing
- Lightning from blue (night sky) to warm (sunny day)
- projections : milky way projection, sand projections
Creating a fata morgana
- optical illusion: how?
- auditive illusion: how?
In our case, Technology is setting the scene and has also an atmospheric role. We gonna use technics to offer the audience a desert experiment. One day in the desert, from night to day. And finally, we gonna try to create a fata morgana.
- Dramaturgy of a day in a desert (night to day)
- Compositions and sound system to create by using alive electronics
- Illustrating the text by physical effects (wind, heat, smell)
- Sounds and lights: what combination?
- Exhibition how of the technics are a partner for the play
- Construction of an illusion
- Audience position?
« So I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I had an accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara, six years ago… »
The desert appears like a really important place for Little Prince’s aviator. As a white sheet of paper, it seems a place where imagination can create a colourful world. By using technical effects, we’ll try to experiment Fata Morgana in the desert. For that, we’ll intend to use optical and acoustical instruments to give the audience the sensations of a desert where hallucinations can appear by physical phenomena like heat, lights, wind…